Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I use a lot of ellipses in this post...

So I haven't forgotten that I have this blog, as much as it might seem like I have. I've just been wildly busy and completely uninterested in updating this thing. I'm taking the LSAT in approximately 40 days and I've been spending just about every moment I can spare practicing for it. I tell you what... if after June 8th I never have to play another logic game for the rest of my life, I'll die a happy, happy man.

If all right handed baseball players wear even-numbered jerseys and all left handed baseball players wear pinstriped jerseys, then how many pitchers are also available to play first base?
A) 3 B) 4 C) 5 D) Kill yourself.

But I'm making some headway and I think all the effort is paying off, so I've got that going for me... Which is nice.

Classes are wrapping up. I'd give you an exact date as to when I finish up classes but there really isn't one. It's sorta just when my students stop showing up to class. I'll probably be done within two weeks. I'm pretty sure a few of my friends in the North are already finished. The national educational system is just that organized.

Once classes are finished and I've got the LSAT out of the way I'm still swamped. I've got some secondary projects I'm looking to get off the ground, I'm going to be helping out with training the new group of volunteers coming in June, and then finally... mercifully... I'm going to Europe for a couple of weeks with family and friends. I can't even tell you how much I'm looking forward to it. I probably won't leave the McDonalds in Heathrow until I've eaten 2 or 3 of everything off the menu. I think I'm gonna get to play golf in London and Paris too, which is wildly exciting. I miss my weekly round of golf so much it's almost irrational. I actually dream about golf some nights.

I've been trying to take care of my mice problem. So far I've got 7 notches on my belt and I gotta tell ya, I feel bad about every one. You hear 'mice' and you think 'rodent' or 'vermin' or 'pestilence' but when you're house is actually infested with the and you've gotta see the damn things all the time... You realize just how cute the little bastards are. Seriously every time I catch one I just want to train it to sing and make dresses like in Cinderella instead of doing what I actually do... Go outside and throw the little sonuvabitch as far as I can over my fence. That way I don't feel like I'm killing them. It's in God's hands at that point. I bet that exact same defense has been used in any number of trials in the Hague*. Really I wouldn't even set traps for them if they weren't crapping all over my house. I haven't had a house this unsanitary since I stopped living with Randy and Kunal.

UPDATE - Oddly enough, in the time it took me to write up this whole post, I caught number 8. May their tiny little mouse deity forgive my sins.

Things are going well on the volunteer front. We're about to kick off our Moto project with the HIV/AIDS prevention conference next weekend. Very excited about all that. Much less excited about the presentation I have to give in French during said convention. But hey, c'est la vie.

Anyway that's all I can think to write about. Except that I'm gonna be super pissed if the western hemisphere is wiped out by swine flu before I get to go to Europe. Seriously people, get your act together. I get the impression though that this is another one of those SARS/bird flu scares that never actually turn into anything in countries where people have toilets and soap and real hospitals and such. I'm crossing my fingers.

I'll probably update in the next couple of weeks after our convention and let yall know how it went. I know you're all tingling with anticipation.

---

* I actually googled to find out if it was 'at' or 'in' the Hague.

PS - I just realized as I'm writing this that I haven't made a post since a certain college basketball team won a certain national championship.

TARRRRRRRRRR!!!
HEEEEEEEEEELS!!!

For those of you keeping score at home *cough*AuntieMUncleBenThomasBenMaximus*cough* since 2005 Carolina has won two national championships, been to three final fours and four elight eights while Dook hasn't been past the Sweet 16. But hey, who's counting? I AM. Never graduate. Okay that's enough gloating...

Who am I kidding? Of course it isn't! To finish the post off... Here is perhaps my favorite picture ever starring perhaps my favorite Tar Heel ever... Half Man/Half Amazing... Air Canada... The Human Highlight Reel... Vinsanity... Vincent Lamar Carter:


















It doesn't hurt having Julius, Antawn, or Mahktar in there either. Also, reports indicate that Vince stopped watching with any intensity and really half-assed his applause for the entire second half.

2 comments:

Kunal said...

thanks for calling me out - transcontinentally. good luck on the LSAT - apparently schools look at nothing else....

dabjrb said...

You will miss your mom on Monday!!!!

I love you!!!!!!!