Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Beep Your Horn for HIV Prevention (AKA Show me the money)

I'm working with other volunteers in the West Province on an HIV/AIDS education conference next month. We're targeting motorcycle taxi drivers. Moto drivers are usually young men (20s to early 30s) who make up a sizable portion of the population and have unfettered access to the people of the village/town/city. This mobile population is highly implicated in both the transmission and prevention of HIV, and yet it is often overlooked when it comes to HIV prevention education. Imagine doing a nation-wide college lecture circuit on the dangers of binge drinking... but not inviting any of the frat houses to attend.

Anyway, if you'd like more information about the project or to make a donation (any small amount would be hugely appreciated) then just follow this link to the donation form.

Also if you guys could, in the comments section, mention that you saw this on jimeroon.blogspot.com so I can properly thank you guys after all the money is in. Thanks again and God bless you all.

PS - To all Brownings and Carpluks and their respective offshoots - Now's your chance to prove just how much you love me. I promise that the aunt/uncle/cousin/grandparent who donates the most will become my favorite family member. And I'll visit you when you're old and boring and we can talk about the humidity and how kids today don't know how good they've got it.

And if it's my parents then I'll just continue to be an unwavering source of pride and all-around perfect son. Dad, remember how you'd always make me finish my dinner because of the starving kids in Africa? Well guess what, those starving kids grew up. And now they're giving each other HIV. Here's our chance to help.

6 comments:

Dad said...

Hey Jim,

Great work!! I am really looking forwrad to seeing you this summer,it has been a while....

Miss ya,

dad

Dad said...

Oh yeah,

Keep us informed of your progress on this project in case you need additional support (i.e. a few more bucks or making sure these dead-beat Brownings/Carpluks actually honor their pledges)

Dad

dabjrb said...

"I love and miss you"

MOM

cmox said...

Dude - I've been to this website 3 times to donate and each time it says service unavailable or something . . what's up w/ that . . can you send me another link that works???

cmox said...

. . . and btw I'll never be old AND boring . . Just OLD . . . Love ya xoxo A.C.

billy said...

hey, remember that time we won the national championship again?