Friday, May 16, 2008

T-Minus 20 Days

Hey everybody,

So even though it goes against every fiber of my being... I've started a blog. I chose this over sending out any blanket emails because that's wildly pretentious and obnoxious and I don't think I need any help coming off as pretentious and obnoxious.

I leave for staging on June 4th. I'll probably make a post before I leave about how staging went. Past that point I have no idea about how often I'll be able to update this thing. But I should be able to get to a computer on a somewhat regular basis either at my school or when I travel to bigger cities like Douala or Yaounde.

My email is jrb.pcv@gmail.com and I'll try to respond to any emails as quickly as possible. I'd love to hear from you all as much as possible. Keep me updated on what's going on back home/with you guys/the Yankees/Brangelina.

Also I'm bringing a digital camera with me and I'll try and link to any pictures I take on here as well once I get that all working.

Cheers,
Jim

PS - Important assignment for all of you. Any time you see a decent movie in the next 27 months, either shoot me an email about it or leave it on here via comment. I swear to god I'm near suicide knowing I'm missing out on stuff like The Dark Knight or Burn After Reading. It's up to you all to make sure I know exactly what I need to check out as soon as I get back.

4 comments:

andres said...

snarf snarf snarf
-andres

billy said...

dude, the dark knight was the best movie i've ever seen, damn, it was so good, i can't believe you missed it. damn it was amazing (me in approximately two months, ha!)

Christopher said...

I'm going to fly to Cameroon just to spoil the ends of these movies for Jim.

dabjrb said...

Africa is so far.